Magento Open Source 2.4.5 has been released with many quality fixes and improvements. The latest Magento 2.4.5 commences with improvements to platform quality, GraphQL caching performance, payment methods, and accessibility.
Now let’s have a look at what fixes and improvements have been added in this new release.
Updated security improvements: New Magento 2.4.5 release came up with almost 20 fixes in platform security.
Platform upgrades: The new release supports Composer 2.2. TinyMCE 5.10.2 support is added. jQueryUI 1.13.1 support is also added in this new release.
Accessibility Updates: Search results summary information is acquainted with screen reader users. Screen readers get informed when a new page view loads. Improvements in keyboard accessibility.
Google Analytics: New updates in Magento 2.4.5 are also beneficial for the website’s SEO. Magento 2.4.5 has inbuilt modules for Google AdWords, Analytics, Optimizer, and TagManager that will simplify integration with Google Products and Services. This will increase the opportunities for tracking and integration with Google Services.
- Faster rebuilding of GraphQL schema for developers and administrators.
- Faster page load speeds with GraphQL schema rebuilding.
- Added capability in the GraphQL API to consume the expiration date/time of the authorization token using JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
- Launch session cookies in GraphQL operations using class proxies only when needed.
- Removal of session usage from HTTP header processors in GraphQL such as the store, customer, or currency.
Page Builder: New release is compatible with Page Builder 1.7.2. Users can perform column settings from the storefront itself. Column resizing now supports wrapping triggered by user actions.
- Apple Pay is added as a Payment method in Magento Open Source 2.4.5. With Apple Pay, the user is not required to enter the debit and credit card details. Apple Pay payment method will be available to users on the product details page, mini cart, shopping cart, and checkout workflow.
- Paypal enables merchants of Spain and Italy to offer the PayPal Pay Later option to customers. Admin can now preview PayPal, Credit, and Pay Later buttons from the admin panel. Admin can check how these buttons will look on the checkout, mini cart, cart, and product pages.
PWA studio: New release is compatible with PWA Studio v.12.5.x. PWA Studio storefront collects customer behavior data to extend web analytics. Merchants are able to deploy any service from the admin.
- DHL Integration schema has been updated from v6.0 to v6.2.
- Composer dependencies have been updated to the latest versions.
- The laminas/laminas-session, laminas/laminas-text, and laminas/laminas-view dependencies have been withdrawn.
- The jquery/jquery-cookie library is now replaced with js-cookie/js-cookie in Magento 2.4.5.
- The Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms now support reCAPTCHA.
- Added ACL resources to Inventory in Magento 2.4.5 release.
- Security enhancement for Inventory template in Magento 2.4.5.
- Upgraded MaliciousCode filter in order to use the HtmlPurifier library.
Magento 2.4.5 Open Source Release Notes: 9th August 2022
To download Magento 2.4.5 and get more info, check out the link below: